For RCHS students who aspire to be part of the Governor’s Scholars Program, the Governor’s School for the Arts, or the Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs, there are some upcoming procedures and deadlines that you need to keep in mind.
The Governor’s Scholars Program is a stimulating, five week, residential summer program for outstanding Kentucky students that are currently a junior in high school. This program provides academic and personal growth in a challenging, non-traditional environment that balances a strong liberal arts program with a full co-curricular and residential life experience.
To be eligible to apply and be selected as a Governor’s Scholar, one must meet the following requirements:
- Be in 11th grade at the time of the selection and intend to return back to a Kentucky school district after their residency
- Be a current resident of Kentucky
- Have taken the ACT, PSAT, or SAT in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grades
- Complete an application and compete with others across the state for admission to the program
GSP applications should be submitted to Ms. Rixon no later than January 3rd. To find more information about GSP visit gsp.ky.gov
The Governor’s School for the Arts (GSA) is a three-week summer program for rising juniors and seniors in the state of Kentucky interested in architecture and design, creative writing, dance, drama, film and photography, instrumental music, musical theatre, visual art, or vocal music.
One must complete an online application form to receive an audition date. Tuition is free for all accepted students and all applications for GSA should be submitted by January 10th. For more information see Mr. Flatt in room 101.
The Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs (GSE) is a transformative experience that brings teens from around the state together for a three week residential experience. Throughout this program, high school students are teamed-up and motivated to develop a business model, design a prototype, and pitch their startup to a large audience and panel of entrepreneurs. This culminating event is known as Demo Day. Participants leave with not only a newfound understanding and love of entrepreneurship, and an innovative eye.
Who can apply for GSE:
- 9th, 10th, and 11th grade Kentucky teens
- students who strive to participate in hands-on environments
- students interested in living on a college in dormitories
- there is no minimum GPA or test score required to apply
How to apply for GSE:
- Step 1: create a 2 minute video about yourself
- Step 2: complete a basic online application
- Step 3: find two individuals to speak about your character
January 20th is the last day to apply for GSE. Governor’s School of Entrepreneurs is an evolving and life-changing program. For more information contact Ms. Rixon, email email@example.com , or visit www.kentuckygse.com.
RCHS has many many students who would qualify and excel in any of these three prestigious programs. We hope that many of our students will apply. Be sure not to miss those important deadlines!